The Echo Mobile platform comes with its own Standard fields. They include: Internal id, Name, Full Name and Location.
Therefore there is no need to replicate these fields by creating custom fields for them. Custom fields are user defined fields that you create and can use to fill out respondent databases.
What are Custom Fields?
Custom fields allow you to filter your data, do location-based mapping, compare results and personalize messages.
To create a custom fields, do the following:
- From the Left hand menu, navigate to More
- Click on “Fields”
- Once in the Fields page, you have the option to create a single field or upload a large number of custom fields using batch upload.
To create a single custom field, do the following:
- Under Fields, click on ‘Create Field’
- In the Add Field pop-up window, under Label enter the name of the field, e.g. ‘Age’
- Leave the "Key" text box blank as it will be automatically generated once the field is created
- Select the field type that matches the data you which to populated in the field e.g number. The field type location will require you to further specify the location type, e.g. Country, District, County...etc. Remember to include this.
- You can also include tags (optional)
- Click on ‘Save’ once done.
Batch Field Uploads
To upload a batch of custom fields, do the following:
- Under Fields, Click on " Upload Batch of Fields" . This will enable the upload batch options
- When uploading a large number of fields, we recommend that you download and use the excel template provided in the platform’s, fields page. To do this, Click on “Download Sample Template”
- Fill in the columns in the excel document depending on what you require. It is important to include the Field ‘Name’ and Field ‘Type’. Therefore do make sure that the two columns are filled
- Save your document once you are done copying the information in the excel sheet.
- Drag & Drop the file or click to choose the file on the up-loader to import the custom fields.
- Your newly created fields should now be listed on the fields’ page. Refresh the list in case your field has not yet appeared.
- Managing Custom Fields
- Applying Custom Fields
Managing Custom Fields
Once you have created your custom fields and used them to build and collect data on your respondents, you can easily manage the fields as you continue working with them. Edit Custom Fields You can edit you current list of custom fields by doing the ...
Applying Custom Fields
Custom fields allow you to filter your data, do location-based mapping, compare results and personalize messages Using Custom Fields with Location-Based Mapping How does one link a contact to a Geo location? Create a custom location field for a ...
What is the difference between a Custom Field and a Label?
Custom fields and labels allow you to segment your contacts into your contacts groups by providing you with the option of capturing and storing additional data of the contacts. These are powerful functionalities when it comes to contact management ...
Creating Serial Extra Fields
A serial number is a unique number used for identification and inventory purposes. A serial number allows a company to identify a product and get additional information about it, for replacement, or as a means of finding compatible parts. You can ...
Delete Serial Extra Fields
A serial number is a unique number used for identification and inventory purposes. A serial number allows a company to identify a product and get additional information about it, for replacement, or as a means of finding compatible parts. Serial ...