My contacts are unable to receive survey invites or notice sends
Designing and pushing out survey and quiz invites: sometimes these invites or notice sends don’t go out to contacts or less than expected. This is commonly seen when the survey invites, quiz invites or notice sends counts are less than the count of the contacts within a group. This could be a result of various reasons, which are:
Once contacts have opted-out, they will be unable to receive any SMS message from your services
- Review the opt-out contacts within your groups and find the opted out contacts. If the contact has provided their consent to opt back into your organization’s account & services, check with our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if it is possible to opt the contact back in.
Invited to another survey
Contacts with active survey or quiz surveys are excluded from any other survey sends/ counts until they complete the survey or the survey is expired. This is intentionally set up to prevent one user from receiving more than one survey at the same time.
What is a survey/quiz invite? This is when the contact is allowed to participate in the survey or quiz.
Expire active invites
- Search the group that you are targeting and check the availability of the contacts within the group by counting the number of unavailable contacts.
- If the count of the unavailable contacts matches, expire the active survey and quiz invites through expire active Invites global action.
Invite expiration hours
- Set shorter expiration hours for your surveys and quizzes under the survey advanced options or quiz advanced options.
- If you are scheduling a survey to go out to the same contacts in a period of 24 hours, we recommend that the Invite expiration for the first survey should be less than 24 hours e.g 23 hours. So that the previous survey expires before the next one run
Contact Invite Buffer, if set, can restrict invites depending on when (if ever) contact was previously invited.
This is a setting under advanced options of any survey
. If this is set up to any option other than “No Limitation”, and the contacts have received the survey or quiz within the last 28 days, they will be restricted from receiving the survey/quiz invites.
- Set the contact invite buffer to “No limitation”.
Daily send limit
The contact might have not received the notice message if the contact has received the same notice within 24 hours. This is because of the daily send limit. If the daily send limit is set to 1, a contact can only receive that notice once within 24 hours.
The daily send limit
is advanced setting on a notice allows you to select whether you want a notice to be only set once or can be sent out multiple time within a day (24 hours).
- Set the daily send limit to “No limitation”.
Sending out a Notice
You can use the Invite Launcher for a notice to send invites to targeted contacts by filtering by a desired group, labels and/or fields. It allows you to narrow down the selection of contacts you intend to invite to the notice. An advantage of using ...
Sending out Invites to a Survey
You can use the Invite Launcher for a survey to send invites to targeted contacts by filtering by a desired group, labels and/or fields. It allows you to narrow down the selection of contacts you intend to invite to the survey. An advantage of using ...
Opt-Out Unwanted Contacts
As you interact with your contacts, clients or customers, a relationship would be established between your organization and the contact who will use your set communication channel or service to communicate with you and share feedback, comments, ...
Advanced Options of a Notice
This feature provides advanced options that can be set up for a notice as shown below: Timing Here you are able to set up time dependent messages as shown below To set up timing for a notice, do the following From the Left hand menu, navigate to ...
Blocked or Opt-out Contacts: Who are they, what can you do & tips on how to retain them
Blocked or Opt-out respondents are those who have unsubscribed from your service by opting out to your short-code. Each contact on mobile has a right to agree and confirm whether they would like to send or receive any SMS communication from your ...