Survey Product Serial Registration
product registration comes in handy when an organization are looking to
instruct a customer on how to register a product via SMS as opposed to
relying on instructions on the product.
An organization advertises registration of product warranty by
requiring the customer to text the keyword only. The next steps are
informed via survey questions and in this case combined with survey
You can now register a product via a survey. This is carried out by setting up the following on the platform:
- Setting up Product and Product Serials
- Creating a Product Registration Survey
- Editing Contact Group Registration & Response Settings
Setting up Product and Product Serials
First you need to create your product and it's serials within the platform
To create a new Product
- From the Left hand menu, navigate to More
- Click on “Products”
- This will open up the manage products window, click on “ Create New” to add a new product
- This will open up the New Product window.
- Once the Product has been created, you can now capture the product
- To add new serials
- Click on the desired product
- Under the selected product, click on "Serials", this will open the Serials list window
- Click on the Add icon to load the Serial Add option
Creating a Registration Survey
Once you have captured the product and product serial, now you can
design the survey that will conduct the product registration. Create a new survey
under a new projects folder or in an existing folder.
- In the Survey, Create a survey question with the response type as “Open
Ended” that requests the user to text back their product serial
- Click on question advanced settings, select response handling. Select the Action as "Serial lookup"
- Once you select the “Serial Lookup” option, “Lookup and Register Serial” option appears
- This “Lookup and Register Serial” option
will perform a lookup function on the product and product serials that
have been captured in the platform, validate whether the serial sent in
as a response is available and register the product serial to the
contact if the product serial is available.
- Under Advanced Settings, Click on the “Validation” tab. Here you can be
able the message prefix that will included as part of the question if
the response is invalid
- You can alternatively set up follow up questions e.g "what is your name" as shown in the example below “what is your location" or a question that includes a successful registration message or a thank you message.
contact will receive a response that the product serial has been
registered. If the Product Serial is already registered or is a wrong
serial, the contact will receive an invalid serial response.
Editing Group Registration & Response Settings
creating the survey, next is to set up and edit the Registration and Response settings
for the group you would like Contacts to text in the
keyword to your short code that will trigger the Product Registration
- Click on the desired group and click on the Settings Tab.
- Under Settings, click on Registration & Response
- Select the Product Registration Survey that you had set up under “Reply Survey or Notice”
- Take note of the Don't send registration survey to contacts who have already invited/completed it" feature
This feature when enabled would restrict contacts in the group from
taking the registration survey multiple times as if a contact has
already been invited or completed the registration survey. Disable
this feature if you would like your contact to text in the keyword into
your short code and retake the product registration survey multiple
Group Product Serial Registration
Group Product registration comes in handy when an organization are looking to register a product via SMS and their Short Code as opposed to relying on instructions on the product. Example: An organization advertises registration of product warranty ...
Changing Serial Registration Dates
Once serials have been registered, the registration dates can be changed so as to suit the current sales process of the products. You can change the serial registration dates manually or via an upload file. Manually Changing Registration Date To ...
Product registration is a feature that allows your customers to register products that they purchase from you. This allows you to track your products and know who has bought your products and how many of your products have been purchased. Your ...
Manually Registering a Serial
You can manually register a serial with a contact number. To manually register a serial, do the following: From the Left hand menu, navigate to More Click on “Products”, this will open up the Products List window. Click on the desired product Under ...
More Serial Options
To view additional serial options, do the following: From the Left hand menu, navigate to More Click on “Products”, this will open up the Products List window. Select the desired product This will open up the Manage Serials window. Click on the ...