Upload, Generate and Send out Coupons
Upload Coupon Codes
If you already have a predefined list of codes, you can create an upload file will create coupon codes for a certain coupon and indicate the recipient of the coupon code
To upload do the following
- From the Left-hand menu, navigate to More
- Click on “Coupons”
- This will open the Coupons window
- Click on the desired coupon
- This will open the coupon list window
- Click on the additional options
- Select “Upload codes”
- On the pop-up window, click on “Download Sample Template”
- On the spreadsheet, you will add in the Code, Expiration date for the code and the Recipient phone number
- Once you have populated the spreadsheet with the codes, expiration date, and the recipient’s phone number, save it and upload it.
- Once the upload is complete, the codes will be updated together with the recipients.
Manually Generate Coupons
organizations that are running a promotions and are working with an
in-person approach where they would like their agents to hand out
coupons upon having a conversation with a customer about their products.
To manually generate coupon codes , do the following:
- From the Left hand menu, navigate to "More"
- Click on “Coupons”
- On the Coupon list, click on the desired or targeted coupon
- On the coupon window, click on the additional menu and click on "Generate Codes"
the Generate Codes dialog box, enter the desired number of codes you
wish to generate. A maximum 20 codes can be generated at a time.
- Click on "Generate" to create the codes.
- These codes will now be populated under the list of generated codes under the Coupon
Automatically Generate and Send out Coupon Codes
For organizations that are running a promotions and would like their contacts to receive coupons once they complete a survey or through a notice, coupons codes can be generated on the fly.
To do this, you would include a coupon variable in outgoing messages. This would involve including the [COUPON:KEYWORD] variable (where KEYWORD is the name of the coupon you want to send), in a survey question text or notice text.
For example: a notice could have a message that reads:
“Congratulations! You have won an Airtime Coupon worth KES 10. Please present your coupon number: [COUPON:STORESCOUPON] to one of our retailers to redeem.”
The message that will be received by the respondent when this notice is sent out is is:
“Congratulations! You have won an Airtime Coupon worth KES 10. Please present your coupon number: FBPNM to one of our retailers to redeem.”
Note: This coupons would automatically assign the contacts as the recipients of the code
- Creating a Coupon
- Editing Coupons
- Coupon Redemption
- Archiving Coupons
- Export Coupon Codes Report
Once you have created your coupons and included them in several campaigns or promotions, you can edit the current setting to fit into your organization’s growing needs. To Edit a Coupon, do the following: From the Left hand menu, navigate to More ...
Archiving Coupons comes in handy when you have set up several coupons that you have used in previous campaigns or communications and you would like store them away since they are not part of your active campaigns. This feature will help you see the ...
Creating a Coupon
A coupon is a a voucher entitling the holder to a discount for a particular product or service. You can send coupons via SMS for discounted products or services to redeem on-site. Stores can also validate and check-off used coupons via SMS. Create a ...
What is Coupon Redemption? A contact's use of the coupon code in exchange or anticipation of the value tied to the coupon is termed as the coupon redemption Who is involved in the Coupon Redemption Process? Recipient of a Coupon: The recipient of the ...
Incentives and Coupons
Including incentives to your coupons can help boost your marketing program or campaign as your customers can feel appreciated for their time, participation and the data they are providing to you. A respondent/contact can be rewarded with airtime ...