This feature also known as Skip Logic, allows a respondent to skip other questions based on the response provided.
This logic can be set up for Numeric type questions, Open ended questions and Multiple choice/select questions.
It is key when working with Skip Logic is to have a process flow or diagram that charts out your ideal customer journey and use case. Our Support Team remain at your disposal if you want to have more information on setting up skip logic. You can contact them on email@example.com
or if enabled, use the chat box on each page of the Echo platform
To set up Skip Logic on a question, do the following:
- From the Left hand menu, navigate to Folders
- Click on “All Folders” in the sub menu, this will open up the Folder List
- In the folder, choose the ‘Survey’ option by clicking on “Create New” or select an existing survey from the list. You will be redirected to the Survey Window.
- Click on the edit button to on the question you would like to edit or Click on to start editing your first question. The Question Editor window will appear.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” and the advanced settings options will open up
- Under Logic Tab; on Ask if response to, select the desired previous question.
- Based on the selected Question response type set up the appropriate logic.
- Click on “Save Question” to update the settings.
Skip Logic and Numeric Type Questions
For Numeric type questions, the following types of skip logic criteria are supported
- Equal e.g. 100
- Greater than e.g. > 100
- Less than e.g. < 100
- Range of values e.g. 100 - 200
Skip Logic & Open Ended questions
For open ended questions, skip logic will match on lowercase or uppercase values of the skip logic criteria
Skip Logic & Multiple Choice/Select questions
Either the option character or option value of the response can be used to define skip logic
- For example: to match the choice "A) Land" either "A" or "Land" can be used.
- For example : A,C (Either option A or C)
Skip Logic and NPS Questions
Based on the scale you would have set up for your NPS question(either NPS scale of 0-10 or NPS scale of 0-5), you can apply skip logic criteria as desired.
Let's take the NPS scale 0-10, this will put contacts' responses into three categories
For example if you are planning to target Detractors with the scale of 0-10, you can set
- Less than 6 e.g < 6
- A range where both 0 and 6 are inclusive e.g 0 - 6
For example if you are planning to target Promoters with the scale of 0-10, you can set
- Greater than 9 > 9
- A range where both 9 and 10 are inclusive e.g 9 - 10
For example if you are planning to target Passives with the scale of 0-10, you can set
- A range where both 7 and 8 are inclusive e.g 7 - 8
- Survey Question Basic Settings
- Survey Question Response Handling Settings
- Survey Question Validation Settings
Quiz Question Logic Settings
This feature also known as Skip Logic, allows a respondent to skip other questions based on the response provided. This logic can be set up for Numeric type questions, Open ended questions and Multiple choice/select questions. It is key when working ...
Survey Question Validation Settings
This feature provides several ways you can validate responses received from the respondents. Accessing the Survey Question Validation Settings Page From the Left hand menu, navigate to Folders Click on “All Folders” in the sub menu, this will open up ...
Survey Question Basic Settings
The basic tab under advanced settings for Questions has the following options: Accessing the Survey Question Basic Settings From the Left hand menu, navigate to Folders Click on “All Folders” in the sub menu, this will open up the Folder List In the ...
Survey Question Response Handling Settings
This feature provides you with various options of how to handle responses to a survey question. You can only use the response handling feature if the survey question requires a response. Accessing the Survey Response Handling Settings From the Left ...
Sending out Invites to a Survey
You can use the Invite Launcher for a survey to send invites to targeted contacts by filtering by a desired group, labels and/or fields. It allows you to narrow down the selection of contacts you intend to invite to the survey. An advantage of using ...