Registering Serials via Upload
You can register product serials by uploading the product serials and the respective phone numbers. This
comes in handy for an organization that deals with product distribution
and already has an existing database of product serials which have been
sold to customers.
These contacts however must be already on the Echo Platform
To register products to existing contacts via an upload, do the following:
- From the Left hand menu, navigate to More
- Click on “Products”, this will open up the Products List window.
- Click on the desired product
- Under the selected product, click on "Serials". This will open up the Serials List window
- Click on the Add icon to load the Serial Add options
- Click on “ Upload Serial Batch”.
- Create an excel spreadsheet and add in a column with ID as the header.
- On this spreadsheet, add in a new column with the column Id as "em_Register". This column will be used to capture the contact's phone number that registered the product.
- You can also add in the product serial registration dates if you do have this information by populating registration dates in the registration_date column.
- Based on the data you have on the serial numbers that are registered, you will capture the contact's phone number corresponding to the serial number(ID).
- To indicate if the serial is registered the column will be populated with a contact phone number and if the serial is not registered the column is left blank.
- Once you have populated the upload batch spreadsheet with the product serials and their corresponding contact phone number, save it and upload it.
- Once the upload is complete, the product serial and the corresponding contacts will be updated accordingly
Deregister a Serial from Contacts
Manually Deregister Serials You can manually de-register a serial from a contact. This will mark the product serial number as available To De-register a Serial, do the following: From the Left hand menu, navigate to More Click on “Products”, this ...
Survey Product Serial Registration
Survey product registration comes in handy when an organization are looking to instruct a customer on how to register a product via SMS as opposed to relying on instructions on the product. Example: An organization advertises registration of product ...
Search Product Serials
To search for a product serial, do the following:From the Left hand menu, navigate to More Click on “Products”, this will open up the Products List window. Click on the desired product Under the selected product, click on "Serials". This will open up ...
Add Serials for a Product
A serial number is a unique number used for identification and inventory purposes. A serial number allows a company to identify a product and get additional information about it, for replacement, or as a means of finding compatible parts. You add ...
Manually Registering a Serial
You can manually register a serial with a contact number. To manually register a serial, do the following: From the Left hand menu, navigate to More Click on “Products”, this will open up the Products List window. Click on the desired product Under ...